Each concert will be performed on Yamaha’s new Silent Piano, an acoustic piano with pioneering Silent Technology which allows audience members to listen to the CFX Concert Grand – a piano 19 years in the making – through wireless headphones.
For its Silent Pianos, Yamaha’s goal was to make a true acoustic piano which can be played using headphones – making the piano silent to anyone else in the room. When activated, Silent Technology captures every movement of the piano keys, hammers and pedals, using sophisticated sensor-technology. Crucially, it also brings each hammer to a stop before it can strike the strings. All these movements are translated by the Silent Module which sends an authentic piano tone to headphones.
Other Silent Piano features include:
- a range of pre-installed sounds
- connectivity to mobile devices
The Silent Piano Sessions take place at Yamaha Music London as follows:
- Tomasz Zyrmont – 7 September 2017, 6pm
- Eren Önsoy – 14 September 2017, 6pm
- Andrew Zolinsky – 21 September 2017, 6pm
- Varvara Tarasova – 28 September 2017, 6pm