The MMus in Choral Studies will equip graduates to continue on to professional careers in the field of vocal music.
Co-curated by performers for performers, the course comprises three elements:
- ensemble singing
- solo singing
- academic study
VOCES8 will jointly deliver teaching on the ensemble singing element.
Course experiences will include:
- a lecture series delivered by VOCES8 and world-leading experts covering technique, interpretation, direction, professional development and specialist musicology
- a masterclass series with visiting clinicians including David Hurley (former member of the King’s Singers), Ben Parry(former member of the Swingle Singers), Paul McCreesh (The Gabrieli Consort) and Simon Halsey (London Symphony Chorus)
- performance projects including a collaboration with members of the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment and opportunities to perform in concert with VOCES8
- directing and singing as a member of VOCES8 in a recital performance, writing new editions and arrangements and performing as a soloist
- the opportunity to audition for places in Cambridge college choirs such as King’s College, St John’s College and Trinity College
- a solo singing masterclass series with visiting clinicians including Dame Emma Kirkby and Dame Sarah Connolly
For more information, please see this leaflet.
Header photo: VOCES8 © Andy Staples