Innovation In Music (InMusic) is a European music industry conference building on the success of previous conferences in 2013 and 2015. InMusic brings together researchers and professionals interested in the future of the music industry, from the artist through to the consumer.
The 2017 Innovation In Music Conference will be held at the University of Westminster’s Regent Street campus in the heart of Central London on 6-8 September 2017.
InMusic 17 will provide an outstanding opportunity for all those interested in the fast-moving changes taking place in the music industry to mix with experts in the field, exchange experiences and learn about the latest trends and innovative developments. Participants can also achieve a peer reviewed publication in the conference proceedings.
Innovation In Music welcomes academics, artists, producers, engineers, music industry professionals and manufacturers to come together and submit abstracts or proposals for consideration on a wide range of topics.
Conference themes include:
– Music production: past, present and future
– Performance and composition: human and beyond
– Innovation in music business
– Music consumer behaviour: the changing psychology and perceived value of music
– Technologies for remuneration and data management
– Platforms for music sale, streaming and broadcast
– Studio technology innovation
– Innovative music creation and songwriting
– Sound engineering: audio and acoustics
– Mastering commercial music
– Hi-res audio and future music formats
– Piracy in 2017 and beyond
– Post production innovation: plugins, workstations, automated mixing
– Sound design and music for video games
– Knowledge transfer between music industry and academia
– Cross-disciplinary topics around music and innovation
The early-bird discount fee is £260 per delegate registering by Sunday 9 July 2017 and includes attendance at the conference banquet. From Monday 10 July 2017, the conference attendance fee will be £295 per delegate.
Registration is now open, book your place at bit.ly/InMusic17register
Equality and Diversity
All involved in the organisation of Innovation In Music are committed to encouraging fairness, equality and diversity throughout our event, in terms of the organisational structure, the invited participants and in the encouragement of presenters and paper authors. We welcome anyone interested in the conference themes to engage with us and join us in building a sustainable conference that can represent all corners of the music related industries.