The University of York is looking for a capable leader who will work in a new discipline area at the intersection of entrepreneurial practice, culture management, music education and community work.
You will need to be familiar with relevant theory and practice within relevant discipline areas including domains such as culture Management, start-ups and partnerships in addition to the musical issues surrounding social enterprise, collaborative practice, education and outreach provision. The department already has significant strength in the areas of Community Music and Music Education and we are looking to complement this provision with an outward-facing, innovative new course of international relevance.
Your essential skills, experience and qualifications for this role will include:
- a PhD in Music, Music Education, Music or Culture Management
- specialist subject knowledge in Music Enterprise, Education and Culture Management
- experience of leading and designing both Masters and Undergraduate level courses
- evidence of a strong track record in research
The role includes teaching, research and administration elements:
- You will design, develop and deliver teaching for MA and undergraduate programmes and modules.
- Initially, you will develop and deliver a new Masters level course through which we wish to proactively help musicians be equipped for the challenges of working in a fast-changing, 21st-century climate.
- You will develop research objectives, projects and proposals, carry out research and contribute to the production of research outputs and outcomes.
- You will also be expected to supervise and examine research students. In addition, you will effectively undertake a range of administrative and managerial responsibilities.