The festival EUROPA CANTAT, initiated by the European Choral Association – Europa Cantat and held every three years, is the central meeting point of the choral world.
The festival first began in 1961 in Passau, Germany and now has been held in 18 different cities around Europe – and in 2018 for the first time in Tallinn, Estonia.
This unique festival brings together more than 4000 singers, conductors, composers and choral managers from Europe and beyond for 10 days of singing delight.
The festival offers you the chance to:
- attend different workshops for choirs and singers, with a duration of 4 to 8 days
- sing and hear all vocal genres: classical, folk, jazz, musical, opera and vocal pop
- discover rare jewels of choral music
- work together with leading choral conductors
- sing at beginner’s, average or advanced level
- join the special conductors’ or composers’ program
- join our special “training-on-the-job” program for young managers, the Youth Event Management Programme YEMP
- take part in the daily ‘Open Singing’ with all participants and visitors
- join a workshop while your children are entertained
- discover the unique cultural heritage of Tallinn and Estonia
- get to know other choirs and singers from many different countries!
The Conductors’ and Composers’ Program offers warm-ups, seminars, reading sessions, workshops, lectures, round-table discussions and composers’ showcase.
Open Singing is a singing event where EVERYBODY is invited to sing. The repertoire is international, in different styles and languages.
As a side-program, we welcome everybody to visit our MUSIC EXPO, where publishers, international festival organisers and music managers from all over the world invite you to see their products and to become familiar with the services they offer.
EUROPA CANTAT is a once-in-a-lifetime experience and a festival for everyone!
The themes for the Europa Cantat 2018 are:
- Sing Together – Change the Planet
- Sing across Cultures, Generations and Genres
- New Time Singing