If and when we tell you that you are accepted, you can either pay in full, – saving later bank transfer charges – or make a deposit of £600, with the balance to be received by us before 1st May 2018.
Basic pre-course and main course fee of £950 includes registration, administration costs, use of facilities on the premises, choir, main orchestra, and string orchestra, as applicable.
Basic main course fee is £675.
Information about extra charges for specialist tuition, accommodation etc is available on the application form.
- Dr Alan D Moller – Linguistic Director
- William Godfree – choir / composition / theory / organ / jazz piano
- Professor Jean-Luc Borsarello – chamber music coaching / viola / violin
- Professor Richard Crabtree – viola / violin
- Professor Alexander Trostiansky – violin
- Nitzan Laster and František Brikcius – cello
- Angharad Edwards – harp
- Professor Rustem Koudoyarov, Professor Vira Mullerova Dvořáčkoá and Professor Katia Nemirovitch Danchenko – classical piano
- Professor Daniela Pisano – flute or piccolo tuition
- Matthias Dulack– orchestral workshop / conducting
- John Morgan – trumpet and brass instruments
- Professor Gerard McChrystal – saxophone ensemble workshop
- Paolo De Gaspari – Clarinet & Bass Clarinet
- Heather Gordon-Redfern – Classical & Jazz & Recorder Clarinet
- Urška Cvetko – Recorder
- Simonida Miletic and Leonardo De Lisi – classical vocal
- Dr Paul Goodey – composition / oboe
- Alex Forsyth – jazz course Coordinator / saxophone / flute / bass guitar
- David Frankel and Naadia Sheriff – jazz piano
- John Perry – jazz and pop drums
- Robert Short – jazz, classical, and pop vocal
- Steve Banks – classical acoustic and electric guitar
- Luigi Borio – classical guitar
- Rosario Macaluso – jazz trumpet
This specialised, intensive language and music Summer course is for musicians preparing for exams, auditions and competitions with some of the world’s best teachers.
The course is for adults and unaccompanied teenagers from the age of 12 as well as accompanied children with a lower age limit of five. Students can choose to attend just the main course (two weeks) or both the pre-course and the main course (three weeks):
- Pre-course (20 places): 7-12 July 2018 (arrival on 6 July)
- Main course (100 places): 13-25 July 2018 (arrival on 12 July afternoon and departure on 26 July morning)
The pre-course is designed for students who need either intensive linguistic tuition or who want to benefit from extra tuition from our teachers present on the pre-course or both. Students who attend the pre-course then go on to the main course. The main course features instrumental and voice tuition, masterclasses, composition, conducting, and jazz. It also offers students the opportunity to improve language skills, working either in small groups or one-to-one with our language tutors.
There are two kinds of participants:
- Non-residential: local students or participants who choose to live out in hotels, B&B etc, taking two main meals from Sundays to Fridays
- Residential: those who want full board and take all their meals at Llandovery College for the duration of the course
Language and Music for Life (LMFL)
About the organiser
Created in the spring of 1997, LMFL (Language and Music for Life) is a unique organisation committed to providing training in both music and foreign languages to students of all ages.