Established in September 2012, the Music Education Partnership: North Somerset (MEP:NS) is the Arts Council England funded body that brings together the work of a family of music and music education providers who can support young people in North Somerset.
It is North Somerset’s ‘Music Education Hub’ charged with delivering the core and extension roles described in the National Plan for Music Education (NPME).
The MEP:NS is responsible for:
- Ensuring that every child has the opportunity to learn a musical instrument through whole-class ensemble teaching programmes.
- Providing opportunities for children and young people to play in ensembles and to perform from an early stage.
- Ensuring that clear progression routes are available and affordable to all young people.
- Developing a singing strategy to ensure that every pupil is singing regularly and that choirs and other vocal ensembles are available in the area.
- Offering Continuous Professional Development (CPD) to school staff, particularly in supporting schools to deliver music in the curriculum.
- Providing an instrument loan service, with discounts for those on low incomes.
- Providing access to large scale, high quality music experiences.
Visited 16 times, 1 Visit today