+44 (0)1442 824255
Tring Park School for the Performing Arts, Mansion Drive, Tring, United Kingdom
East of England
A Music Department for the whole school
- Our Music Department has a foot in both camps - straddling both the academic and vocational areas of the curriculum providing pupils with the skills necessary to become professional performers.
- Our Music staff work closely with the other departments in the School to provide an in-depth and rounded musical education and training. Music at Tring Park covers a wide range of genres to a very high standard, and many pupils from the School go on to study Music in Further Education.
- Music is taught to GCSE (Edexcel), AS and A Level (WJEC). In addition, we teach Music Technology BTEC National Diploma (Level 3).
- Pupils in the Music Department are prepared for the performance aspect of these examinations by more than twenty very experienced musicians and teachers.
Commercial Music in the Sixth Form
- This innovative, specialist course focuses on Pop, Rock and Jazz music. It is aimed at musicians interested in enhancing and developing their understanding of the pop idiom and gives them the skills to pursue professional work or further training.
- Live performance constitutes a substantial proportion of the course and there are opportunities throughout the School to collaborate with some of the other vocational departments. The creative aspect of the Commercial Music Course allows pupils to write original material, create their own arrangements and write for commissions.