The Summer Singers are directed and managed by experienced choral director, Robert Bunting, and accompanied by repetiteur, Steve Dunachie.
Following our exhilarating partnership with BISYOC (Bedstone International Summer Youth Orchestra Camp) in 2016, when we sang Eric Whitacre’s Equus and The Seal Lullaby, we invite you to join us in 2017 to sing Borodin’s Polovtsian Dances from Prince Igor and Morten Lauridsen’s Sure On This Shining Night.
The programme will also include Tchaikovsky’s Symphony No 6, Delius’s A Walk To The Paradise Garden and John Adams’ A Short Ride In A Fast Machine. The Borodin is well known and loved for its yearning romantic melodies and wild pagan dance rhythms yet little sung by choral societies because it needs a large and brilliant orchestra. The Lauridsen is a gentle lyrical setting for choir and piano in a modern American style which matches the John Adams piece well.
In order to further develop the ever-increasing quality of our choral work with BISYOC, rehearsal time will be slightly extended this year. This will enable us to polish every note and to achieve the closest possible communication with the orchestra, which is one of the special joys of the BISYOC experience.
Dates and venues
- Saturday 5 August: Moor Park School, Ludlow 2-4.30pm first read-through, securing the notes
- Sunday 6 August: Moor Park School 10am-4.45pm full-day rehearsal and first run-through with orchestra
- Tuesday 8 August: Moor Park School 7-9pm evening rehearsal with orchestra
- Friday 11 August: St Laurence’s Church Ludlow 7.30-8.30pm full rehearsal
- Saturday 12 August: St Laurence’s Church Ludlow 3-4.30pm full rehearsal and polishing; 7.30-9.30pm CONCERT
- Sunday 13 August: Leominster Priory 4.30-5.30pm full rehearsal, 7.30-9.30pm CONCERT
Visited 31 times, 1 Visit today